If you’ve made the decision to cut your sugar intake, recognising the risks of too much sugar in your diet, it may surprise you to learn about a number of foods which you probably didn’t even know where bad for you. Sweets and cakes aren’t the only foods loaded with sugar, there are some foods disguised as “healthy” that actually have a pretty high sugar content.
The main culprits are
- Sauces such as BBQ, marinara, tomato sauce and salad dressing: between -22 grams per serving
- Peanut butter: 4 grams per two tablespoon serving
- Packaged cereals: Some “healthier” varieties contain 18 grams of sugar per serving
- Oatmeal: Flavoured versions can contain 12 grams of sugar per serving
- Flavoured yogurt: Up to 18 grams of sugar per serving—more than a serving of ice cream.